A lot of this information is for clinicians, but individual can take aspects from this to help themselves make their own plan.
I post lists like these on my social media as a quick and dirty introduction to topics. I recently had to redo them, so I thought I’d go ahead and pop it here. Enjoy! Drop a comment about your favorite resource on this subject.
Posting this after that travesty last week and realizing that people really still think white privilege and male privilege are the only forms of privilege that are discussed. They are not, but historically they have dominated all spheres. Even still today, they can work in many spheres. That doesn’t negate the work needed in other intersecting spheres such as family planning and expectations.
- Explaining White Privilege To A Broke White Person
- Understanding Race and Privilege
- Racial Equity Tools
- What Is White Privilege, Really?
- Why It’s Important to Think About Privilege — and Why It’s Hard
- The Privilege of Not Understanding Privilege
- An Instructor’s Guide to Understanding Privilege
- Diversity Toolkit: A Guide to Discussing Identity, Power and Privilege
- What Happens When You Educate Liberals About White Privilege?